So baking counts as a craft right? Well I'm counting it as one today.
I thought I'd let you in on a deeelicious recipe for chocolate pudding that I found. It tasted like a cross between chocolate cake and brownie...and then the sauce! Oh the rich chocolatey caramelly sauce...mmm yum!
I apologise now for no photos...but you see, it just smelt so good it needed to be eaten. Right away. and my kitchen was in a mess.
Sticky chocolate pudding with Chocolate caramel sauce - serves 6.
150g soft brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
75g dark chocolate, melted and left to cool
150g self raising flour
For the sauce:
200g dark chocolate
250ml double cream
2 tbsp dulche de leche
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C and either grease or line a 1 litre oven proof dish with baking paper
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Gradually add the egg, beating well after each addition.
4. Finally stir in the melted chocolate and fold in the flour. (it will be quite thick so don't worry!)
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just set in the middle (25 minutes did the job for me!)
6. For the sauce you need to boil a small amount of water in a saucepan and sit a glass bowl on top (but not touching the boiling water). Break up the chocolate and add it and the cream to the bowl. Stir regularly until the chocolate has melted and combined with the cream. Remove from the heat. Finally stir in the dulche de leche and vanilla essence until smooth.