Now everybody knows that an amazing dessert is an essential for getting through Monday. In fact it may the only reason I get out of my warm snuggly bed at some-what-feels-like-unearthly hour in the morning. Okay, so I may be exaggerating (or not?) but I think we all deserve a gorgeous dessert to celebrate kick-starting the week off...welcome raspberry cheesecake brownie.
Cheesecake? I love. Brownie? I love. Combined? I adore. Then throw in Raspberry cream and suddenly the whole thing just became incredible (and a teeny bit more healthy...but let's not even try to kid ourselves this food is about feeling healthy).
This is the perfect pudding for when friends are round as it can be made the night before. A delicious alternative to the raspberry cream is raspberry coulée and/or a white chocolate sauce.
Raspberry cheesecake brownie (original recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery cookbook)
200g dark chocolate
200g unsalted butter
250g icing sugar, sifted
110g plain flour, sifted
400g cream cheese
150g icing sugar, sifted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
300ml whipping cream
100g icing sugar, sifted
Firstly line a 33 x 23cm tray with greaseproof paper and preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius (150 for fan assisted ovens)
1) Break the chocolate up and melt either in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
2) Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until well incorporated .
3) Gradually add the eggs, mixing well after each addition.
4) Gradually beat in the flour. Stir the mixture on high speed until smooth.
5) Slowly pour in the chocolate and mix well. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray and spread evenly.
6) Mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract together until smooth and thick.
7) Gradually add the eggs. The mixture will become very smooth and creamy.
8) Pour over the brownie mixture.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, until the cheesecake is light golden around the edges but still pale (but firm to touch) in the middle.
10) Leave to cool and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
11) Whisk the cream, sugar, raspberries until firm.
12) Spread evenly over the cheesecake brownie.