Up until now I have never (intentionally) carried around safety pins. They're something you will hardly ever need but equally if you do need one, it normally warrants an emergency situation where either your arms are clamped to your sides for the rest of the night or your friends form a shield around you as you, clutching your skirt/dress/etc, make for the nearest exit trying to avoid showing everyone your choice of underwear that day.
Suffice to say I decided it was time to add safety pins to my handbag.
After the pretty addition to my handbag of the mini notepad I decided to continue the theme with my safety pin holder. Again, this is so simple (a common occurrence in my D.I.Y. adventures!).
What you need:
1) Cut out a strip of card (I cut mine 16 x 5.5 cm)
2) First fold your card 2cm from the bottom of the strip to create a small lip. Then fold the top of your card to meet the first fold.
3) Next using either a knife or scissors ( but knife is easier) cut two slits in the back of the card. this is going to be for your ribbon so they need to be slightly wider than your ribbon width.
4) Feed your ribbon through the back of the card so that the ends can be hidden under the first fold. Add a dab of glue to secure the ends of the ribbon together.
5) Staple the small fold...and you're done!
What are your travel necessities? Share if you have any cute ways to organise your bag, I would love some inspiration :)